Monday, June 4, 2012

Taking baby steps...

Since I had my little boy almost 7 months ago, I've been toying with the idea of creating a blog. For a couple of reasons, actually-- as a journal for my kids to see how crazy our life was growing up, and as a way for me to unwind, organize, and document my random, out of control, baby-filled, always something new daily life.

I'm currently a stay-at-home wife and mommy, and I love every minute--well, almost. It's like a real job, except there are no 15 minute breaks, no lunch breaks, no vacation days, no quick trips to Starbucks next door, usually no adult interaction for hours on end...but really, I do love it! I love being able to watch my son grow and change every hour of every day. There are times that I notice changes even when he wakes up from a nap--usually only 30 minutes, if I'm lucky, but-- a nap.

I am breastfeeding my son and plan to continue until he is 12 months old...this is an entire other challenge. I should create a separate blog about the challenges of this subject alone...but I'm sure there are plenty of those out there.

I love my hubby. He is my rock. We are crazy together. If you know us, you know that. I couldn't imagine this wacky life without him.

My faith in God is the only thing that keeps me sane in this crazy mess of my life.

I'm less than 6 months away from graduating college with my Bachelor's degree--and I just celebrated my 10 year anniversary from graduating high school. Yes. Do the math. OVER ten years. I know. But none the less, I am graduating. Yay for me.

I want to teach high school when all is said and done. Everyone tells me that I'm crazy because of it...yes, I know that I am crazy.

We live in the country and we love it. We are far enough from everything that it's actually dark at night, but close enough that I can make it to Target in 25 minutes if I really try. The closest "town" to us doesn't even have a Sonic or a drug store with a name that you'd recognize; therefore, I do not consider it to be "town." When I refer to "going to town," I mean the one with stores with produce sections.

My life consists of three never-ending lists: a grocery list, a to-do list, and a "things that I know I will probably never find the time to do or make, but I write it down so that maybe one day I will get around to it" list. The first two usually reside side-by-side on my counter until I make that journey to "town" and the third is on the notes app on my phone.

Maybe this blog will inspire me to do some of those things that I have always wanted to do so that I can post pictures and share my creations. Mostly, this blog will be my outlet of frustration about my lack of success, thus far, in getting rid of the devil (read: baby weight) from my body.

I also want to get back into my size 6 jeans comfortably before my high school reunion...in two months!

Ok, gotta run...chocolate cake calling my name. Yes, I know what you're thinking...my diet starts tomorrow.

No, really...tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Love it so far!!! :) Can't believe the babies are almost 7 months old. CRAZY!!! :) Teaching is a crazy profession, but I LOVE IT, and you will too. There is NEVER a dull moment, it's a TON of work, with very little reward, but when you know you touched someone's life, you know you are doing what God has called you to do. :) Breastfeeding until 1. :) That's awesome!!! ME TOO! :) I look forward to following your blog. :)
    Hugs,
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm very excited about my new "blogging" journey! I hope to keep it entertaining! :)

      So awesome that you're still breastfeeding too!! Enjoy your summer with your sweet girl!!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I feel your pain girl! On soooo many levels! Being a momma is HARD! I'll be excited to read about life w your little cutie!

    Xoxo - Jovaughn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Hope you and you little man are doing well! He is sooooo cute! Miss you! :)

      Delete