Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Family Restroom

Well, the chocolate cake is gone. Phew. Glad that's over with. Don't act like you don't know what I mean. You know...when you start a new diet you must singlehandedly remove all of the junk food from your house by way of your digestive system. Kinda like a last hoorah. No one really just throws it out. You are lying if you say that you do.

I'm working on getting my diet on a better schedule. My issue is that normally when I feel like I need to lose weight for some event (wedding...vacation...), I eat rice cakes, salad, and coffee for a few weeks, and I'm golden. BUT...small problem...I'm still breastfeeding, and it's true "you must take care of yourself in order to take care of the baby." Soooooo...one might think: just exercise! I haven't worked out regularly for aboooouuut 6 years. There have been small phases, but this crazy life that I'm living doesn't allow me the time. I know "make time" blah blah. (You think I'm making excuses here...just keep reading.) Hence my lack of eating when I try to drop a few pounds. In order to exercise and not pass out, one must eat more than rice cakes, salad, and coffee. I've found it more convenient in my busy life to just not eat. But the breastfeeding thing.....


This calls for a different approach. I do enjoy running and was wanting to run a half-marathon in January 2013 anyway. I plan to begin using the evening time to run around our big ol' pasture... (just going to have to do a little hopping to avoid cow patties and ruts in the ground....) Let's all pray for no sprained ankles! I'm pretty much the luckiest mom in the whole wide world because my munchkin usually goes to sleep between 7:00 and 8:30 pm. He usually sleeps all night. Be jealous. We shall see how this new running attempt goes....

Ok, enough of all that... back to what really matters: the title of this blog, The Family Restroom.

I guess I never really put too much thought into what the family restroom was really for. I always thought that it was weird that an entire family needed to go into the restroom together. Now I know. Before I had a baby, finding and going to the restroom was easy, as it should be. When you gotta go...you go. You stop off at Buckee's, you run into the restroom at Starbucks (only if the person sitting adjacent to you looks trusting enough that they aren't going to take off with your laptop while you've gone to take care of business), or you leave your buggy outside of the door at Kroger and "go." HAHAHAHA!! NO ONE tells you to take advantage of these EASY things before you have a baby.

Now, I've always been the one who is afraid that public restroom water is going to spray out and attack me after I flush it. And, I'm pretty sure I heard a news story when I was a kid that little drops of water "jumped" like 6 feet when it was flushed.....RUINED my life! (Except when I was in college and my rum and diet resided on the tank lid while I "went." But I don't think I cared at that point...) 


So, now-a-days, with a 6 month old in tow, "holding it" has a whole new meaning. (However, I think my retail days prepared me for this challenge...)

Thank God for family restrooms. But I still have a fear that the toilet water is "jumping" on my infant son. He stays very close by the door. Yuck.



No comments:

Post a Comment